English poetry : Sujit Manna

রবিবার, ১৪ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০২১ /
ফেসবুক-এ শেয়ার করুন /
টুইটার-এ শেয়ার করুন

 




Smile 

Sujit Manna

The night is getting gloomy; outside in the garden 
The trees are shaking their wings –

I feel sure, even the most culpable man hears 
                                           The voice of this tune.

It must be a night of fear – you'll wake up 
         With your sickened eyes, grievous face.

I can tell you –
Your eyes still whisper like a bird.
I can tell you –
Your sounds still fly like a garden's wool.

I’m poring over this darkness, this inner sound of the day.

Dark after dark,
Where the quiet-coloured bird sings the song of our love
I will walk into this night 
I know; through this murmuring voice of the earth 
I will reach you, 
I will make you the valley of smile.