English poetry : Amrita Sengupta

রবিবার, ১৪ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০২১ /
ফেসবুক-এ শেয়ার করুন /
টুইটার-এ শেয়ার করুন

 



If by chance
--------------------

       Amrita Sengupta
   
    ---------------------------

And if by chance
This day is the last,
The finest of things
That I wished to say,
I would say today!
To the souls that read
These lines right here,
You made me human;
You made me tear -
The burdens that once
Made me heavy,
Made me weak;
You held me tight
Through thin and thick.
My life was a waste
Till now, but now
I am in haste to tell
You all, how much you mean,
How much I owe,
To each one of you.
To each soul that read..
These lines, right now,
In front of me, take a vow!
When I will go,
Not one will be sad,
Not one will wear white,
Not one will weep,
Not one will cry,
Coz living is difficult
The lucky ones die.
----------------


A little more time
-
---------------------------


The voices in my head

And the heaviness within

The smile that’s cursed

And the fears that I’ve hidden

Have suddenly surfaced

Fizzing out of no-where.



It was just about time

I was ready to ask her out

With steps slow and gentle;

Few asked me to give up,

Few kindled my lost hope.

I kept to myself,

Waited for the moment,

When I could tell

Her, How deep is my love…

It doesn’t see ‘you’

It sees much more,

Deep within your soul.

If only,

I had a little more time.